Women working in the food, beverage and hospitality industries are eligible to enter the 2016 Les Dames d'Escoffier International (LDEI) Legacy Awards. For an application, http://bit.ly/1U4IOaH
Deadline for completed applications is April 20, 2016.
The Legacy Awards were established in 2009 in an effort to provide highly-defined mentor opportunities for women (minimum of four years professional experience and not LDEI members). Each Legacy Award winner is sponsored by an accomplished LDEI member (Dame) and offers a one-week workplace experience at participating businesses in the U.S., U.K., Canada and Mexico. The Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts supports the Awards.
This year, there are six awards in four categories: one experience each in Wine, Farm to Table and Food/Wine Journalism and three in Culinary.
- Imagine spending a week at America's first certified organic restaurant with its award-winning owner in historic Washington D.C.
- Enhance your food journalism expertise at the hands of Family Circle's food director and her team in exciting New York City.
- Travel to beautiful Vancouver to help out with harvest and production at one of Canada's best-known makers of fine preserves and wine.
- Learn about all facets of the winery and wine tourism industries from vineyard to bottle to vineyard concerts at Washington state'soldest winery.
- Visit vibrant Chicago to get an insider's back stage pass to the deli, catering, baking and brewing businesses!
- Indulge your passion for the fine chocolate world with a life-changing trip to London, England.